Favorite Bundt Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, water and sugar. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt the white chocolate; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cake.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 511 calories, 28g fat (9g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 442mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Aug 4, 2020
This was my favorite recipe for several years. Beware, however, that cake mixes are not 18oz any more. You have to adjust wet ingredients down to compensate. And I don't think sugar free pudding mixes work either.
Mar 1, 2020
Very moist, chocolate flavor, I did not have a bunt pan so bake in a 9 x 13 , took close to an hour but it is good, will make again.
Aug 20, 2017
This cake was very good, but I found it look 20 minutes longer to bake than stated.
Aug 14, 2017
Made this for a recent benefit concession stand. It was so fudgy and delicious! The white chocolate topping not only looked pretty but was delicious with the chocolate cake.
Oct 28, 2015
Super quick and easy to prepare and absolutely delicious. One of the best "doctored cake mix" cakes I've ever had.
May 15, 2015
I wanted a chocolate bundt cake. I substituted an organic chocolate cake mix and organic chocolate pudding mix instead of the vanilla mixes called for. I also added chopped nuts. The cake was moist and delicious. I took it to a function and everyone thought it was delicious.
Feb 1, 2014
I enjoyed this cake. This is a good, moist cake. I like using mini chocolate chips, as I find that the regular sized sometimes sink to the bottom. It is easy to make.
Nov 7, 2013
This is one of the most richest, moist cakes we've ever had! I was looking for a sour cream lemon cake when I stumbled upon this recipe. I simply substituted lemon cake mix and pudding. Replaced the chocolate chips with a small teaspoon of poppy seeds.. This bundt cake is so delicious and sweet that it did not a frosting, just a beautiful dusting of powder sugar. This would make a wonderful brunch cake or alternative to a dessert table.
Jun 1, 2013
No comment left
Oct 4, 2012
Delicious cake, easy to make and super moist. I've made it 3 times in the past 2 weeks and it's always gone withing a day. I've also tried using a French Vanilla Cake mix with French vanilla pudding and the chocolate chips and then drizzling with melted chocolate and that was delicious as well. Thanks so much for the recipe.