Favorite Broccoli Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 bunch broccoli, separated into florets
- 1 head cauliflower, separated into florets
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- In a large salad bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, bacon, tomatoes, onion and eggs; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 216 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 27, 2019
I have probably made at least 50 broccoli salad recipes and I can say this is one of the best I have ever made. It is colorful and the addition of the egg chopped fine blended in with the dressing to make it very tasty.
Jul 19, 2015
This was quite tasty. Much better freshly made than next day. The broccoli needs to be cut into smaller pieces than simply separated into florets. Because I don't care for too sweet of a dressing, I would lower the sugar amount to 1/4 cup. No need to seed the tomato, just use Roma tomatoes.
Mar 24, 2013
This is one of the best salads! Great recipe.
Oct 19, 2011
I love this recipe. I omit the cauliflower & just use broccoli. I also add raisins & shredded cheddar cheese. Tastes better than the deli!
Jan 16, 2011
I make this for many family parties and special dinners. It gets so many compliments and recipe requests. My aunt, who hates broccoli, raved about it when she tried it at my house and asked for the recipe.