Favorite Beef Stroganoff
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons sherry or additional beef broth
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, saute beef in 1 teaspoon oil until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in remaining oil for 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in the broth, tomato paste, sherry or additional broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt if desired and pepper; bring to a boil. Return beef to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Combine sour cream and flour; add to the skillet. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. Drain noodles; top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 433 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 32g protein.
Jan 23, 2017
i made this and the sherry and tomato paste really gave it a great flavor. i will make it again
Jun 1, 2016
I love beef Stroganoff and I had about a pound of tenderloin pieces from Omaha Steaks so I looked up Stroganoff recipes for my mom. my nephew and his girlfriend and this was a hit. I served it with the salad with apples and homemade dressing from Taste of Home.
Feb 27, 2015
I truly loved this! Perfect for one person, made two dinners for me. The flavor is wonderful and it's a go to for stroganoff!