Fast Italian Pork Hoagies
I received this recipe from the parents of one of the preschoolers where I teach. They're pork producers. This works well as a quick lunch or pre-game meal.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 20 min.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each), cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons prepared Italian salad dressing
- 2 hard rolls or other small sandwich rolls
- 4 teaspoons pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Place pork in a resealable plastic bag; add salad dressing. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a skillet, cook the strips over medium heat until no longer pink; set aside. Meanwhile, place open sandwich buns on a baking sheet. Spread pizza sauce on the bottom half of each bun. Top with pork strips, cheese and onions. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bun is lightly toasted.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.