Farmers Market Orzo Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) orzo pasta
- 2 small yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium red onion, quartered
- 8 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Cook orzo according to package directions; drain. Brush yellow squash, zucchini and onion with 2 tablespoons oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Grill vegetables, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 10-12 minutes or until lightly charred and tender, turning once. Cool slightly. Cut into 1-in. pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice and remaining oil until blended. In a large bowl, combine orzo, grilled vegetables, mozzarella, tomatoes, basil and remaining salt and pepper. Add dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 291 calories, 27g fat (7g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 274mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
May 15, 2020
We really enjoyed this dish. I sauteed the vegetables on the stove instead of grilling them.but still really good.
Aug 17, 2019
Fantastic recipe. Slow grill the veggies so they do not get mushie. You can add a variety of items to this recipe, marinated artichokes, grill chicken, etc.......very good!!
Jul 10, 2019
Just made this with warmed up leftover roasted veggies! Delicious and filling. I don't often cook with orzo and I don't know why not. It is easy and delicious. I'm definitely adding this to my Summer menu. Absolutely delicious. I was just thinking if I have leftovers, I might make a chicken broth based soup out of it.