Family-Favorite Cheeseburger Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Chopped green onions, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain pasta; add to meat mixture.
- Stir in the tomatoes, relish, mustard, ketchup, steak seasoning and seasoned salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Garnish with green onions if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with McCormick’s Montreal Steak Seasoning. Look for it in the spice aisle.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 391 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 759mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Jul 20, 2020
Absolutely amazing. Although I had to leave out relish and mustard due to my picky eaters, it turned out perfect.
May 30, 2020
May 23, 2020
No comment left
Dec 3, 2018
Absolute family favorite!
Nov 7, 2018
I left out the relish, since I don't like relish. It was good, my family ate it all, no leftovers tonight.
Aug 29, 2017
A fun bowl of cheeseburger taste! Had to use elbow macaroni because it's what I had, though it was still whole wheat so I didn't change the flavor that way. Also, the 96% lean ground beef I buy comes in pound packages, so I used 4 more ounces than the recipe called for. Otherwise, followed as written and I love it. I can see a day where I get a huge craving for it!
Jul 25, 2017
Packed with flavor and easy to put together for dinner for my busy family. I doubled the recipe and next time I may add some bacon as well.
Jul 21, 2017
Absolutely disgusting! This is the first recipe I have tried via Taste of Home that I did not like. I'm thinking if I had not used the relish it may have tasted better but I really did not like this recipe.I did follow the instructions as written. I will say this, my significant other said it was okay, he wasn't wowed by it and two days later we still have leftovers.
Jul 15, 2017
This easy meal was delicious. My husband had 3 helpings, so I will definitely be making it again!
Apr 15, 2017
Not a fan of the relish. I almost left it out and wish I would have. I added bacon, Worcestershire sauce and cut the mustard in half and used Dijon instead of yellow, which I think helped. One kid loved it but the second one would not touch it. My husband and mom liked it but agreed the relish was not necessary.