English Marmalade Pecan Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 jar (10 ounces) orange marmalade spreadable fruit
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 9x5-in. loaf pan. In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in marmalade. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with orange juice, beating well after each addition. Fold in pecans.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
Freeze option: Securely wrap cooled loaf in plastic and foil. To use, thaw wrapped loaf at room temperature. If desired, warm slices in toaster or microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 226 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 17, 2017
My husband baked this wonderful bread for us this morning. It tastes as good as it smelled while baking! Thank you so much Nancy for sharing your recipe.
Dec 6, 2014
This bread tastes awesome and is so easy. I am going to make several loaves to give as Christmas gifts. I had to bake mine about ten minutes longer than the recipe specified.