This recipe has been passed down through the family, starting with my grandmother, who learned it from her neighbor. It's a delightful way to prepare eggplant.
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 4 medium tomatoes, cubed (3-1/2 to 4 cups)
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup French salad dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut eggplant in half lengthwise. Place with cut side down in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- Cool, peel and cut the eggplant into 1/2-in. cubes; place in a large salad bowl. Add tomatoes, eggs and onion. Add dressing, salt and pepper; toss. Cover and chill 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 76 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 268mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Aug 9, 2013
No comment left
Mar 12, 2010
This recipe always generates a lot of comments when I serve it. People who say they never liked eggplant before like this. I often sprinkle croutons on the individual servings.