Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped, divided
- 1 loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces) or sponge cake
- 1 cup raspberry jam or preserves
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maraschino cherry halves
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix until blended. Gradually add eggnog; mix well. Fold in extract and 1 cup whipped cream; set aside.
- Cut cake into 1/2-in. slices; place a fourth in a 2-qt. serving bowl. Top with 1/3 cup jam. Spoon 1 cup of eggnog mixture over all. Repeat twice. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Fold sugar and vanilla into remaining whipped cream; spoon on top of trifle. Garnish with cherries.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 379 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 329mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Dec 26, 2017
I like eggnog, but didn't care a lot for this. A little too sweet for me.
Dec 22, 2012
No comment left
Oct 23, 2012
This recipe is delicious. I added some fresh whole raspberries instead of the cherries, and some crushed ginger snap cookies on the top for a little crunch.
Dec 29, 2011
Everyone loved this! I made this for Christmas dinner and it was delicious! Numerous people asked for seconds.
Dec 29, 2011
I'm not an egg nog fan but, I made this for Christmas and believe me, THIS is the way for me to enjoy egg nog. 5 STARS.
Dec 26, 2011
I served this to my guests and most of it went down the disposal. Nobody liked this, especially the jam in this trifle. Not a good choice. Skip this one.
Nov 23, 2011
I have been making this for 3 years now and every time I take it anywhere the bowl comes home empty. I always have requests..love it!
Dec 25, 2010
This trifle is just Delish in every way, the flavour of the eggnog is right through. Unfortunetly, we only get eggnog at Christmas time in Australia, but it will be worth waiting, to make it again next year
Dec 17, 2010
you can eat it with your eyes first your taste buds second and third it was wonderfull even the second time. Good good job. Wonderful recipe.