Egg White Frittata
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 small green pepper, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 egg whites, beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion, red pepper, green pepper, salt, oregano and pepper in oil until vegetables are tender. Beat egg whites until foamy; pour into skillet. Cook for 3 minutes over medium-low heat or until puffed and lightly browned on bottom. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until egg whites are set. Loosen edges and bottom of frittata with a rubber spatula. Invert onto a serving plate; cut into four wedges. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2 piece: 184 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 565mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
May 10, 2013
I make this all the time, its great!!!! For the other person that had trouble with the egg white sticking , if you have a good nonstick pan your egg whites should be fine when you cook them!! So buy a different pan!!! LOL
Mar 7, 2011
Great recipe....the only thing I changed was I omitted the salt since the parmesan is quite salty itself. Loved it!
Jan 11, 2011
I would make this again, as the dish tasted pretty good, but I think I'd scramble the ingredients rather than attempting a frittata. I used my Calaphalon skillet to avoid the eggs sticking to the pan, but they did anyway when I put it in the oven and the frittata didn't turn out pretty at all.