Egg FooYoung Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 can (16 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- MUSHROOM SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the mushrooms and green onions. Serve egg foo young with mushroom sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 177 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 285mg cholesterol, 846mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Sep 11, 2012
oh as a side note this makes a great paleo friendly meal. It is great if qatching carb count!
Sep 11, 2012
This makes a great base for a chinese meal without alot of grease. My family picks individual proteins that we stirfry with veggies and put on top before covering with the sauce. We do this in a larger pan so we get thinner amounts and more of a crust so closer to original egg foo young. Very happy with this recipe!
Feb 28, 2007
No comment left