Easy Ziti Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 12 ounces uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, ricotta cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese. Drain pasta; add to cheese mixture and stir until blended.
- Spoon a third of the meat sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with half of the pasta mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and bake 40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 630 calories, 30g fat (15g saturated fat), 164mg cholesterol, 878mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 45g protein.
Apr 4, 2020
Easy to put together with items I had on hand.
Feb 21, 2020
Good recipe, pretty quick and easy to make. I made it exactly as written, except I cut all ingredients in half and put it in a 9x9 dish. There wasn't a lot of meat sauce, so it had to be spread pretty thin, but other than that, this came out very good.
Jun 10, 2019
Base Recipe is a good way to start it. Ive read the review's and changed it a bit. I added a lil water to the sauce mixture as well as onions,bell peppers, garlic and mushrooms. Season the meat with Italian seasoning and black and salt pepper. Sh*t was fire!!!
Apr 27, 2019
I put mote sauce..It was yummy
Mar 4, 2019
This is basically lasagna w different pasta??
Jan 29, 2019
Delicious !Like others I put more sauce in and seasoning,and a bit more cheese Will definitely make again!!!
Nov 13, 2018
No comment left
Mar 11, 2018
I made this and it is very good. I did add extra sauce like some of the other ladies did and added Italian seasonings and fresh sliced button mushrooms.Would make it again.
Mar 8, 2018
Recipe was definitely lacking with spaghetti sauce. If I made it again I would add more sauce and probably some italian seasoning. Kind of bland.
Mar 7, 2018
This was an easy recipe but not quick. Also, I used ingredients in the amount given. I had to use a square Pyrex casserole dish (app. 10x10”) with the 9”x 13” Pyrex casserole dish. The square pan was also deeper. Both pans were full to the top with the cheese. I tented the foil so cheese wouldn’t stick, removed it & added remaining cheese. It tastes very good. It got a husband’s & teenager’s thumbs up.I made a dish fairly often to this year’s ago. It’s very similar to this with 1 lb of meat, egg noodles, small curd cottage cheese egg and kept Muenster cheese separate. I mixed the cottage cheese mixture with the meat/sauce then stirred the noodles in & added cheese on top. I baked for 30 min. The flavor of this recipe & my old standby “Egg Noodle Lasagna” are very similar. My kids liked Muenster on homemade pizza so I used it w/ Italian dishes. I misplaced that recipe when we moved & most of my recipes were on the computer by then. So we haven’t had it in a few years. Nice to find a similar recipe that sounds a bit fancier than mine. “Baked Ziti” gets a 5 star rating from my hungry family. ??.•*?*•??.•*?*•??.•*?*•??.•*?*•?