Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Bake: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the oil, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a 14x12-in. rectangle.
- Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spoon pizza sauce to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with the sausage, mushrooms, pepperoni and cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 248 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 490mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Mar 26, 2017
Delicious! I left out the sauce and served it with heated sauce in the side to dip. My kids enjoyed it. We will make this again soon!
May 2, 2011
Delicious. My family loved it. Will make again.
Feb 23, 2011
This recipe was great! I was only making this for me and my brother so i halved the recipe and stuffed the stromboli with different things. I rolled out the dough and put a little mustard,cheese, cut up hot dogs, a little salami, and more cheese. He loved it! Using this super easy dough recipe, you can stuff it with anything you want! Definitely something I would make in the future. I wanna try the filling part of this recipe too soon.
Jun 11, 2010