Easy Root Beer Float Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups root beer
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1/2 cup chilled root beer
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on high for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat frosting ingredients until stiff peaks form. Frost cake. Chill.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 217 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 26, 2019
These are super easy to make and delicious. I added about a 1/4 tsp root beer extract to amp up the flavor. I also made a stabilized whipped cream for the frosting. Really delicious.
May 17, 2015
This was a hit with the Boy Scouts! I made them into cupcakes with root beer jelly beans Sprinkled on top. Not only cute but all the boys loved them. I had root beer extract on hand and added 2 teaspoons to the cake mix as well. As a volunteer Taste of Home field editor I love quick and easy desserts that impress!
Oct 29, 2012
My son loves root beer floats and I am looking for a different birthday cake that I can add food color to. His birthday is on Halloween so I have been making "Ugly" cakes. This can be fun!!!
Mar 11, 2012
I WOULD MAKE IT AGAIN Y FAMILY LOVESROOT BEER FLOATS,AND ITS EASY TO MAKE ON SHORT AND BUSY DAYS WE LOVE IT
Dec 27, 2006
No comment left