Easy Peach Melba Dessert
THIS pretty dessert is an impressive end to any meal. Refreshing and light, it's just the right touch for every sweet tooth. I saw it pictured in a magazine many years ago and decided to try it. It's always been a hit at my house. -Edna Christiansen, Edmore, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves in syrup
- 2 individual round sponge cakes
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 tablespoon raspberry or strawberry jam
- 2 teaspoons chopped nuts, optional
- Drain peaches, reserving syrup. Set aside two peaches and 1 tablespoon syrup (refrigerate remaining peaches and syrup for another use).
- Place each sponge cake on a plate; drizzle with reserved syrup. Top with ice cream and a peach half.
- In a small saucepan, heat jam until melted; drizzle over peaches. Top with nuts if desired. Serve immediately.