Easy Mexican Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and red pepper in butter until tender. Add the tomatoes, water, rice, garlic salt and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cheese.
Jan 1, 2013
No comment left
Jul 28, 2012
Family liked this one. I would add green chiles next time for a little more kick. Quick, easy was a real plus.
Jan 25, 2009
this recipe is so good
Nov 20, 2008
I love spanish rice! I recommend using Mexican style tomatoes with green chilies and Mexican style cheese or cheddar rather than mozzarella. With those changes, YUM!