Easy Crescent Roll Cherry Tarts
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup canned cherry pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Place crescent dough on a lightly floured surface; seal seams and perforations. Cut into 24 pieces; press onto the bottoms and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Place about 1/2 teaspoon in each cup. Combine pie filling and extract; place about 2 teaspoons in each cup.
- Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 134 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Apr 1, 2014
love this one. delicious cold or from the oven warm. hint: use the cherry can as your mixing bowl and save yourself from washing a dish. use the measuring spoons to spoon the ingredients into the cups. I use one to scrape the cream cheese off the other spoon and then as I smear it into the bottom of the cup shaped dough I use the other spoon the keep the dough in the cup. it tends to move around on you. enjoy and good luck making any that last more than 5 seconds! #kids&husbands #thieves
Nov 23, 2012
This has become a family favorite for all get togethers
Feb 20, 2011
Next time I'll use regular muffin tins -- the mini muffin tins overflowed too much and the cherries slide off. Tasty, but didn't look as presentable as the photo.
May 16, 2010
No comment left
Oct 11, 2008
I made these and changed a few things... I won second places in a cook off with these!!!I used Phyllo Cups insyead of crescents. I added Brie Cheese to cream mixture to cut the sweetness. And I used Fresh Strawberries instead of cherries.SusanThanks!!!