Easy Cranberry Orange Bread
Slices of this citrusy bread are scrumptious for breakfast. I've adapted the recipe over the years to fit my needs as a diabetic.—Doris Heath, Franklin, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (12 slices)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the orange juice, egg substitute, oil and orange zest; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Pour into an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.