Easy Cornish Pasties
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup diced peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 packages (11 ounces each) pie crust mix
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add flour, seasoned salt and parsley; stir until well coated. Dissolve bouillon in water; stir into meat mixture. Add potatoes, carrots and onion. Cover and cook over medium heat until vegetables are crisp-tender. Cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare pie crusts according to package directions. On a floured surface, roll each pie crust into a 12-in. square. Cut each square into four 6-in. squares. Place about 1/3 cup meat mixture in center of each square.
- Moisten edges of pastry with water and fold over meat mixture to form a triangle. Press the edges with a fork to seal. Make a 1-in. slit in the top of each triangle. Place on 2 ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° until golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 pasty: 289 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 521mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 7, 2018
My Dad was from Butte, Montana, and they had these. Matterof fact there is a store in town that makes them, but you have to get there early and put your order in for them. Seeing this recipe took me right back to Butte and my childhood days,,,,even tho I didnt live there as a child. Like someone earlier also said, they are not EXACTLY the same, but they are VERY close to it, and are sooooooo delicious the best part is you can freeze them unbaked for that same great taste later on, and have a quick meal later on....YUMMY !!!!! This makes me wish it was WINTER time so i could make some.........LOVE EM...
Mar 11, 2016
No comment left
Mar 1, 2015
I lived in London 30 years ago and that's where I discovered Cornish Pasties. I've loved them ever sense and whenever I see them on a menu or in a store, I buy them. But none of them tasted exactly like what I remembered the ones in London tasting like...until this one!So though someone said, "a bit different than the traditional ones" I disagree. Just like the East London traditional ones!So fabulously tasty!! This will become a weekly dish in my home.
Jun 20, 2012
Awesome flavor! Never had a pastie before but everyone is already asking for these to be made again. I made them with ground turkey and used the Never Fail Pie Crust from TOH (just type it into the search engine) and they turned out wonderful! I should have doubled the recipe because there weren't any leftovers!