Easy Confetti Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling
- 2-3/4 cups crushed ice cream sugar cones
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons butter flavoring
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup assorted sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine crushed sugar cones and 2 tablespoons sugar with melted butter. Using the bottom of a glass, press cone mixture onto bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake until set, 12-15 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 5 minutes. Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Slowly beat in cream, butter flavoring and extract. In a microwave, heat gelatin on high until melted, about 10 seconds; beat into cream cheese mixture. Fold in sprinkles; transfer filling to crust. Refrigerate, covered, until set, about 3 hours.
- Top with additional sprinkles.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 568 calories, 44g fat (26g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 290mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Jul 4, 2020
This was a huge hit with my husband and my stepsons for my husband's 4th of July birthday! However, I did not care for it. I agree something about it, texture or something that sets you aside with it, at least for me. I will make again for my family of course! Thank you for the recipe.
Aug 6, 2019
This was very good. As my grand son said, “I don’t love it”. It’s very pretty and the texture was perfect. I will make it again but think I’ll try lemon or orange extract instead of almond.
Sep 30, 2018
I have not made this exact recipe however reading everyone else's comments I have a suggestion.I love the Ice Cream Cone crushed for the crust.I would instead of using a gelatin why not get Birthday Cake Ice Cream
Feb 7, 2018
I really wanted to love this, but couldn't. I made this as dessert for 3 adults and 5 kids. No one really liked it. I'm not sure what it is, but it really just wasn't very good. Everyone LOVED the crust, but no one really liked the filling.
Apr 9, 2017
We didn't really care for the taste of it ... all three of us. Nothing wrong with the recipe.