Easy Bourbon Chocolate-Pecan Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- Roll out dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer crust to pie plate. Trim crust to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Sprinkle chocolate chips into crust. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter, brown sugar, bourbon, flour and vanilla until smooth. Stir in 1 cup pecans. Pour into crust; sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 557 calories, 32g fat (13g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 232mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Nov 29, 2014
This recipe actually calls for two regular 9-inch pie crusts, so for Thanksgiving it made two pies. I used everything, even the bourbon, and it gave the pie a nice kick. Everyone loved it. If you don't like extremely rich desserts, I would leave out the chocolate chips.
Sep 22, 2012
I made this pie without the bourbon, and it was delicious.