Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk; stir just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times. Pat dough to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 10-15 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 biscuit: 153 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 437mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 5, 2020
Ya'll really like to make Hungarian recepies, huh?
May 16, 2020
Good recipe! I like the outside a bit better when brushed with some buttermilk and the layers when you fold the dough into thirds and roll back out 2 or 3 times.