Dutch Oven Chocolate Dump Cake
Total TimePrep Time: 5 min. Bake time: 35 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 4-quart Dutch oven with parchment paper; lightly spray with cooking spray.Combine pie filling and evaporated milk; spread pie into bottom of Dutch oven. Sprinkle with cake mix (unprepared) and almonds; drizzle with butter. Bake, covered, until cake springs back when touched, 35-40 minutes. If desired, serve with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 515 calories, 24g fat (15g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 605mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
May 16, 2020
We used to make this in Girl Scouts over 60 years ago. Exact recipe. Shallow hole in the ground with hot coals in the bottom. Set in the Dutch oven. Coals on top of the lid. Usually about an hour, but you can lift the lid to check. Cherry was the favorite.