Dutch Apple Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Stir in the egg, vanilla and sour cream; stir until smooth. Add apples; mix well. Pour into pie crust. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325° and bake for 30 minutes more.
- For topping, combine flour and sugar in a small bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over pie; bake 20 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly and topping is browned. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or chilled. Store in the refrigerator.
Jul 23, 2020
I wasn't sure what to expect with the sour cream and the way it looked - sort of like pudding. BUT I used very tart apples off of my tree and that was the ticket! The tart balanced the sweet and the sour cream made it so rich tasting. I agree that served with a little homemade whipped cream, this would be even better. Wow! My husband loved it and he is super picky. Keep in mind this is not a soupy pie, so if that is your preference, this isn't for you. I will add more butter to the topping next time as it was a little dry.
Jan 19, 2020
Super great recipe!!!!
Aug 10, 2016
No comment left
Nov 27, 2015
I loved it. I did add cinnamon to the topping. So easy and delicious!
Dec 14, 2014
I am NOT a fan of cheesecake, but this recipe with sour cream and tart apples are off the charts!
Nov 9, 2014
I made this pie on a quick look on website. I made it for a dinner party and was hoping it was good enough. Everyone said it was the best apple pie they had ever eaten! I will keep this pie to impress again!!!
Jul 10, 2014
This is the only apple pie recipe you will ever need again! Perfect! Great taste, wonderful texture. It is a sweet pie and next time may choose to cut back on sugar but it was an absolute hit with all who have tried it. Wonderful with unsweetened whipped cream. I did bake an extra 10 minutes longer than called for but only because I wasn't sure it was 'bubbling' enough. Perfect.
Feb 15, 2014
best apple pie i have ever had except for grandmas
Oct 30, 2012
No comment left
Oct 2, 2010
way to sweet for us...