Down-Home Apple Crisp
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 8 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 6 medium apples)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, lemon juice and apple pie spice. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, sugar, salt and remaining flour. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve warm with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 275 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Sep 19, 2019
Very good apple crisp. Husband thought it was very good as well. We had vanilla ice cream on top, it cut the sweetness for me. Next time I will back the brown sugar down to 2/3 cup, even with using new season apples, I found it to be very sweet.