Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 4 teaspoons dill pickle relish
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Shredded lettuce
- 6 onion slices
- 6 tomato slices
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 12 thin patties. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise, mustard and relish; mix well. Spoon 2 tablespoons on each burger. Return to the broiler just until cheese softens. Serve on buns with lettuce, onion and tomato.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 615 calories, 36g fat (15g saturated fat), 204mg cholesterol, 1030mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 42g protein.
Dec 2, 2012
fantastic.When i read the recipe didnt seem like anything special. How wrong i was they was the best burgers i made in a long while. thank you
Oct 14, 2010
No comment left
Oct 15, 2009
OMG these were so good. Everyone loved them. I pan fried them and then placed them under the broiler with the cheese mixture for a few minutes and toasted the buns. It was yummy, will definitly make again.
Oct 2, 2009
My family all gave high marks for these burgers. The cheese filling was the perfect addition. We did not add the onion slices as a garnish as none of us are too excited about raw onions on burgers. Since we are quite fond of burgers, this is a nice addition to our collection.
Sep 27, 2009
These are great burgers! The spread gives them just the right tang, and they look terrific! I'll definitely be making these again.