Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together the first 6 ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk bananas, oil and egg until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 278 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 5, 2020
I made these without the strudel topping. They were very good. The mixture seemed a little dry while making it so I did add about 2 tablespoons of milk. I also used reese's chips (chocolate and peanut butter chips mixed) instead of chocolate chips. Would definitely make again.
Mar 13, 2020
Not sure why I didn't care for these. They were moist, but mine came out very chewy.
Mar 16, 2019
Absolutely delicious! Moist and chocolatey. Easy, quick to assemble and great way to use up 4 bananas! Used cupcake liners, made more 12 and like others skipped topping. As a volunteer feild editor with Taste of Home magazine I love recipes that use ingredients I have on hand and can be assembled quickly!
Jul 16, 2018
These muffins are very good, I did not put on the topping, just sprinkled with a little sugar.
Apr 25, 2018
Outstanding even without the topping. So rich and great reviews from everyone that tasted them. Added to my ‘go to’ recipes!
Jul 24, 2017
These are the best muffins I've ever made, possibly the best ones I've ever eaten. I did half whole-wheat flour just for some added fiber and they were still incredibly rich and soft.
May 13, 2017
These muffins are very good. Love the double chocolate flavor. May use mini chocolate chips next time. I use semi sweet chips which were great. They are definitely a keeper.
Apr 14, 2017
These are good but I've had better chocolate banana muffins.
Mar 26, 2017
No comment left
Mar 12, 2017
The Interior of these muffins is supper moist. The outside has a wonderful crispy exterior with the streusel topping. I made these as the recipe states with the exception, I did use whole wheat pastry flour.