Dill Garden Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups chopped English cucumbers
- 1 large tomato, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, tomato, red pepper and onion. In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, garlic powder and pepper until blended. Stir in dill. Spoon dressing over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 75 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jun 19, 2019
This is good! Light and crunchy, a nice accompaniment with a sandwich at lunchtime or served with a grilled dinner. I skipped the tomatoes (not my thing) and substituted sliced red radishes and carrots. I like that it doesn't make a huge amount because, for me, this salad is better eaten the day it's made.
Jan 21, 2018
Nice and light, good flavor
Aug 11, 2017
I loved the dressing, This would be great for a summer cookout.
Jul 1, 2016
I added carrots, green pepper and cilantro. Very good.
Jun 30, 2016
Jun 4, 2015