Deluxe Ham & Egg Sandwiches
My hearty cheesy breakfast sandwich is packed with provolone on top and Laughing Cow on the bottom. In between, I add ham, spinach and eggs sunny side up. —Natalie Hess, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 submarine bun, split
- 4 wedges The Laughing Cow garlic and herb Swiss cheese
- 3 ounces thinly sliced fully cooked Black Forest ham
- 3 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat broiler. Cut bun crosswise in half; split each half to separate top and bottom. Spread with cheese wedges. Place on a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; lightly brown ham on each side. Place ham on bread.
- In same skillet, heat 1 teaspoon butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and spinach; cook and stir 2-4 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Divide mixture among sandwiches. Wipe skillet clean if necessary.
- In same skillet, heat remaining butter over medium-high heat. Break eggs and slip into pan, one at a time. Immediately reduce heat to low; cover and cook slowly 5-6 minutes or until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Place eggs over spinach mixture; top with provolone cheese. Broil 4-5 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until cheese is slightly melted.
Nutrition Facts1 open-faced sandwiches: 293 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 223mg cholesterol, 768mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.