Deluxe Chocolate Marshmallow Bars
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in nuts if desired. Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake until set, 15-18 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with marshmallows; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until melted. Place pan on a wire rack. Using a knife dipped in water, spread marshmallows evenly over the top. Cool completely.
- For topping, combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a small saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until blended. Remove from the heat; stir in Rice Krispies. Immediately spread over bars. Chill until set.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 196 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 29, 2019
This is my kryptonite- so good, perfect combination of flavors and textures. They freeze well, so may as well make a double batch- one to eat...and one to eat the next day!
Jan 2, 2019
No comment left
Dec 6, 2018
We love these bars!! I wouldn't change a thing!!
Jul 6, 2018
Love this recipe! Can these bars be frozen?
Jan 25, 2017
No comment left
Aug 1, 2016
I'd made these bars and took them to the Bingo game at my retirement community. They were well received! The adjustments I'd used: Creamy Peanut Butter and baking the bars at least 20 minutes. I'd put marshmallows over cake layer and returned to oven for 2 to 5 minutes. delowenstein
Apr 20, 2016
I have made this 3 times now and everyone just loves it. It's different than the some old desserts.
Nov 19, 2015
Made these for a Thanksgiving potluck and everyone RAVED!! I had to make copies of the recipe to hand out because everyone loved them so much. This will be my new go-to potluck dessert recipe. Excellent.
Jul 8, 2015
It was a split decision in our family! My husband didn't like the "peanut butter fighting the marshmallow". He would have liked one or the other. But the kids loved it! I would have liked a little more cocoa in the batter. We didn't have Rice Krispies so we used Special K which worked wonderfully. We all did like the crunch! I found that if I was careful in my initial placement of the marshmallows, I didn't have to attempt to spread them. This was one less thing to worry about!
Dec 18, 2014