Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a bowl, combine cheese, mushrooms, mayonnaise and bacon; cover and refrigerate. In another bowl, combine the beef, onion, salt, pepper, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce. Shape into six 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4-5 minutes on each side. Spoon cheese mixture on top of each burger. Grill 1-2 minutes longer or until the cheese begins to melt. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 496 calories, 29g fat (11g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 1056mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Aug 4, 2013
Have been using this recipe since it came out in the magazine. It's a big family fav.
Apr 21, 2010
I have been making these for a lot of years. Everytime we go to a cookout people ask me to make this topping for the burgers. It just makes a burger special.
Aug 21, 2006
No comment left