Death Star Caramel Truffles
Caramel candies morph into "Star Wars" truffles for a fun sweet treat. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + chilling
- 26 caramels
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups white candy coating disks
- 1/2 cup black candy coating disks
- 30 lollipop sticks
- Line an 8-in. square dish with plastic wrap; set aside. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine caramels, milk chocolate chips and cream. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave 1 minute longer, stirring every 15 seconds or until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Spread into prepared dish; refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Using plastic wrap, lift candy out of pan. Cut into 30 pieces; roll each piece into a 1-in. ball. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Insert lollipop sticks into truffles. Press the end of a small wooden spoon into truffle to create indentation in the upper portion of each truffle. Return to refrigerator until firm. In separate microwave-safe bowls, melt candy melts, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Tint white candy melts with black candy melts, adding 1 teaspoon at a time until desired color of gray is achieved; reserve remaining melted black candy melts. Dip caramels in gray candy melts, allowing excess to drip off; let stand until set. Tint remaining gray candy melts slightly darker with reserved black candy melts. Place in piping bag fitted with small #1 round tip; pipe onto truffles to resemble Death Star. Refrigerate until firm.
Test Kitchen tip