De-Lightful Tuna Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 can (5 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 3 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup crushed cornflakes
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the soup, mushrooms, cheese, milk, tuna, pimientos, onion, mustard and salt. Drain macaroni; add to tuna mixture and mix well.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cornflakes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Freeze option: Cool unbaked casserole before topping with cornflakes; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Top casserole with cornflakes and bake as directed; increase time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 329 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 684mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat.
Jan 9, 2020
Used rice instead of the thick noodles, and two cans tuna, extra can cheese soup, too.
Nov 6, 2019
Love it but must confess I did not use reduced fat cheese or soup. The fresh mushrooms and pimentos all add to its great flavor. New favorite!
Nov 1, 2019
Best tuna casserole I have ever made...and maybe the best I have ever eaten. Made it exactly as recipe instructed and it was indeed DELIGHTFUL! I wouldn’t change a thing.
Jul 30, 2019
Whole family loved it including the littles.
Mar 27, 2018
This was pretty good, got good reviews from my picky husband and my 5 year old. I salted the pasta water and added a few extra spices like garlic and onion powder so it was not bland for me. I also threw in some thawed frozen corn I had leftover from a soup recipe and topped it with crushed black pepper triscuits because I didn't have corn flakes.
Jan 15, 2015
Creamy and satisfying recipe. Only two things I did differently were I substituted chopped sun dried tomatoes instead of pimentos since it was what I had on hand and added a half cup of chopped broccoli to mixture. We had not made this in ages, and we liked this a lot.
Dec 13, 2014
I liked this recipe for tuna casserole. I substituted 4oz can sliced mushrooms for the fresh mushrooms just to save some time. It was still very good! I will likely make this recipe again!
Oct 9, 2014
Bland. Didn't like it at all.
Sep 14, 2013
I've been searching for the perfect tuna noodle casserole...this wasn't perfect...I'm still looking...but overall this was pretty good and until I find the perfection I am looking for I would probably make this again
Jul 1, 2013
No comment left