THIS PUDDING has been our family's favorite dessert for Thanksgiving and Christmas for 65 years...and it's still on the menu. At Christmas, I top each serving with a touch of green-tinted whipped cream and a red maraschino cherry. Whenever I bring this pudding to a potluck supper, it gets rave reviews, along with requests for the recipe. -Opal Hamer, St. Petersburg, Florida
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Whipped cream
- In a bowl, combine the dates, walnuts and sugar. In another bowl, beat egg, milk and vanilla. Add to date mixture; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to the date mixture.
- Spread into a greased 1-qt. baking dish; dot with butter. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 646 calories, 27g fat (6g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 273mg sodium, 97g carbohydrate (80g sugars, 7g fiber), 13g protein.
Sep 11, 2013
without wipping cream is wonderfull, and oil of sunflower instead of margarine, is smoother your digestion, it is exquisite to taste it, including hot or warm
Nov 6, 2010
No comment left