Daisy Tea Biscuits
For a unique biscuit to serve at your next get-together, try this recipe. The petals of the flowers added an extra special touch.—Jeanne Nakjavani, Alfred, New York
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makes12 to 14 biscuits
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 to 1 cup half-and-half cream, room temperature
- 1/2 cup fresh daisy petals
- Preheat oven to 450°. Sift flour; measure and sift again with baking powder, soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Add cream and daisy petals, mixing just enough to moisten. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead quickly 8 to 10 times. Pat or roll out to desired thickness. Cut with biscuit cutter. Bake on greased baking sheet 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 170 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 282mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.