Curried Rice Ham Rolls
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups cooked brown or long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 12 slices deli ham (1/8 inch thick)
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- CURRY SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender, about 3 minutes. In a large bowl, combine rice, parsley, salt, curry powder and onion.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup down the center of each ham slice; roll up. Secure with toothpicks if desired. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Arrange hard-boiled eggs on top.
- For sauce, melt butter in a saucepan. Stir cornstarch, curry powder and salt until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over the ham rolls. Cover and bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 405 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 202mg cholesterol, 1092mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Mar 21, 2020
I have been making this dish for my family for over 15 years; the flavor is amazing!! With a little help from my Instant Pot, the rice and eggs cook up faster and easier than ever before, making less work for me to put this delicious dish together in record time!!