Curried Beef Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/8 inch strips
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup cold water
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger and 2 tablespoons oil. Add beef; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat remaining oil. Stir-fry beef over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Remove beef and set aside. In the same skillet, stir-fry the onion for 1 minute; add peppers and celery. Stir fry for 2 minutes; return beef to the skillet. Combine water, cornstarch and curry powder until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Serve over rice or noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 323 calories, 20g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 757mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Feb 25, 2013
Excellent! Our family really enjoyed this. I made a few additions; added cauliflower, carrots, broccoli, and sugar snap peas, and skipped the celery.
Aug 18, 2011
best stir fry recipe i have ever made!! Used venison meat and it turned out excellent!! Plan on making for a future dinner party for friends!
Jan 13, 2010
No comment left
Dec 10, 2009
This is my husband's favorite with a few variations. We use cut up boneless skinless chicken breasts instead of the beef. And Frozen peppers. I don't know how many times I have been asked for this recipe.
Apr 30, 2009
No comment left