Our Test Kitchen home economists encourage you to play with your food and shape refrigerated breadsticks into hearts and arrows! A sprinkling of seasonings provides the finishing touch.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes4 hearts and 4 arrows
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Separate breadstick dough into six pieces. For each heart, unroll four pieces and twist if desired; seal perforations and pinch ends together. Shape into hearts on an ungreased baking sheet.
- For arrows, unroll remaining two pieces and separate into four breadsticks. With scissors, cut one end of each breadstick into a point. About 2 in. from the point, cut out a triangle from both sides of breadsticks (discard removed pieces). At the other end of the breadstick, make diagonal cuts on each side, creating feathers. Place on baking sheet with hearts.
- Combine butter and seasonings; brush over dough. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Pillsbury refrigerated breadsticks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 136 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.