Cucumber Tuna Boats
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 medium cucumbers
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut cucumbers in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds. Cut a thin slice from bottom of cucumber if necessary so they sit flat. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon into the cucumbers. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 381 calories, 24g fat (7g saturated fat), 185mg cholesterol, 940mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Aug 6, 2016
Fantastic! I happened to have some fresh pineapple, so later in the evening, I had a bit of the tuna salad with the pineapple mixed in, and it was divine! Best tuna salad I've ever had.
Mar 11, 2009
This is a wonderful tuna salad! For my kids, I place cucumber slices on bread with the tuna to make a sandwhich. They make wonderful tea sandwhiches. I prefer dill pickles with tuna so I will just chop up a pickle or two instead of the relish. For myself, I prefer to put some of the tuna on a plate as is and put some cut up cucumber over the top. Thank you for sharing!
Mar 2, 2009
Made these the other day and my wife loved them. Just be sure to not load the cucumbers until ready to serve, they get mushy otherwise. Good recipe!
Jan 7, 2008
No comment left