Crusty Dinner Biscuits
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Half-and-half cream or milk, optional
- Butter and/or honey
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Combine milk and oil; pour over dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5-6 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush tops with cream if desired. Bake at 425° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with butter and/or honey.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 25, 2019
super quick and easy to make I read the comment before to get an idea and I also added tablespoon of sugar to them and I also brushed them with butter. much better then any mix
Sep 11, 2015
We loved these! Quick and easy. I used fat free milk and olive oil. I did not roll but dropped right onto a greased cookie sheet, and I did not brush the tops. They turned out great. Thanks for submitting!
Jul 15, 2013
The perfect little biscuit. It will definitely be my go to biscuit recipe!
Aug 27, 2012
Quick and Easy - These would go well with just about anything. It was just what I was looking for. I think they tasted better (and had a MUCH better texture) than the ones I used to make with baking mix.
Nov 22, 2010
Quick and Easy! I add 1tbsp of sugar to sweeten the mix a bit. Great base recipe for add-ins!
Aug 7, 2010
Delicious quick and easy to make biscuits. Good served with jams or with savory dishes too.
Jan 10, 2010
No comment left