Crustless Swiss Quiche
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + cooling Bake: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2-1/2 cups Daisy 4% cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 9 large eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) plus 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Stir in flour; cook and stir until bubbly. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens. Remove from the heat; set aside to cool, about 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, combine cottage cheese, baking powder, salt and mustard; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Slowly add cream cheese, cottage cheese mixture and cream sauce. Fold in Swiss
- and Parmesan cheeses. Pour into 2 greased 10-in. pie plates. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 248 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 150mg cholesterol, 441mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 13g protein.
Jun 8, 2017
I don't like pie crust, so this is absolutely perfect for me.
Feb 3, 2017
Made this for a Bible study group -- halved the recipe using 5 eggs and pretty much the same. Filled my 10" glass pie plate nicely but @ 350 it definitely was not done; and I am pretty sure (since other "stuff" cooks correctly) that this recipe might be a bit off! I had to turn the temp up to 375 to get it done so I could leave ... consequently ... but well received and it did taste pretty good. I did dice up a small can of mushrooms and maybe next time will add a bit of spinach. Worth the time to figure out the correct cooking time!
Aug 25, 2015
I made this for a brunch potluck today and it was SO good! I didn't have 10 inch pans so I added an extra egg and put it in 3 9 inch pans. I'm really glad my son and I liked it so much because we are having the leftover one for dinner tonight!
Jun 27, 2012
So yummy! My kids both loved it! It has a great texture and flavor! I will make it again.
Apr 21, 2011
Awesome!!! I ws skeptical about no crust and I didn't even notice it wasn't there, that is how good this is. Will make this a regular on our Sunday breakfast menu, thanks for the recipe!!!
Sep 28, 2009
Great - very light! Nice change from tomatoey pasta dishes for a potluck. That it makes 2 quiches is terrific for brunches/luncheons, too. And it's great that you don't have to fuss with crusts. Keep to the Swiss cheese, don't substitute.
Mar 24, 2009
this sounds so good!!! i think this is one that i can make and not mess it up lol
Dec 23, 2008
No comment left
Jan 18, 2008
I've been making this quiche for years and everyone loves it!! I'll be making it again tomorrow for a brunch I'm attending. The hostess asked me to bring it.
Jun 16, 2007
No comment left