Crunchy White Baked Macaroni & Cheese
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing.
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 pound process white deli cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces cubed white cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- In a large saucepan, cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In same saucepan, combine the evaporated milk, milk, process cheese and cheddar cheese. Cook and stir until cheeses are melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in macaroni; heat through. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and parsley flakes; sprinkle over macaroni mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake until bubbly and golden brown, 10-15 minutes longer. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 639 calories, 31g fat (18g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 1091mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Aug 4, 2020
Very good. Cheesy bottom. Crunchy topping. I reduced the amount of the topping. Love the use of evaporated milk. Nice reduction of calories and fat. Very enjoyable.
Sep 28, 2019
I used corkscrews because I had them on hand, no other changes. Five ?? creamy, cheesy, deliciousness!