Crunchy Sweet Potato Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 unbaked pie crust (9 inches)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped topping or ice cream
- In a bowl, blend sugar and spices. Beat eggs; add milk and vanilla. Combine the sugar mixture. Stir in potatoes; beat until smooth. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and bake for an additional 30 minutes. Combine topping ingredients. Remove pie from the oven; sprinkle with topping. Bake 10-15 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Serve with whipped topping or ice cream.
Nov 11, 2017
I used walnuts instead of pecans in this pie and it is absolutely delish and I am going to make it for my family for the holidays
May 10, 2016
Wonderful! Pie making just doesn't get any easier or tastier. Topping was very plentiful. Pie would still be great even if topping left off. Used canned potatoes. Baked as directed. Whipped cream is a must for the sweet pie! As a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home I enjoy classic recipes with a new twist.
May 20, 2012
One of our favorites for Fall. I puree the sweet potatoes in my blender so it is much creamier. I chop the nuts FINE so it's easier to cut.
Oct 24, 2011
No comment left
Dec 5, 2010
This was a winner in our household. Easy to make and so flavorful, it disappears quickly!
Nov 30, 2010
I served this at Thanksgiving to guests who have never had sweet potato pie and it was a big hit.
Nov 20, 2010
everybody absolutely loved this pie. It was a huge hit.
Dec 27, 2009
I made this for my son-in-law & he said itwas the best sweet potato pie he has evertasted.
Oct 11, 2009
This was excellent, will have this instead of pumkin for ever more
Dec 6, 2008
This was the best pie that we have ever had for Thanksgiving!