Crunchy Potato Mounds
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min.
Makes5 dozen (1 cup sauce)
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 3-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 2 cups cold homemade mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 2 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- In a small bowl, combine the Dijon mustard, honey and 2 tablespoons mayonnaise until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Place cornflakes in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, ham, cheese, onion, milk, egg, yellow mustard and remaining mayonnaise. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in cornflakes.
- Place in three greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with mustard sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 64 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jan 28, 2011
used crushed potato chips instead of cornflakes..could use a variety of meats...pepperoni..bacon...even cooked crumbled burger...etc. Also, could play around with the dip...more or less of the ingredients... great little appetizer to "adjust" to your likes!
Jan 24, 2011
I need to add: I used turkey ham instead of regular. They were even better cold.
Jan 24, 2011
This is an easy recipe to follow. If I did it again I would make the sauce a little sweeter and also maybe find something else for the breading. The cornflakes seem a little chewy and a little too sweet. Over all a really good finger food.