Crunchy Potato Balls
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min.
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 2 cups very stiff mashed potatoes
- 2 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups crushed cornflakes
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, ham, cheese, mayonnaise, egg, mustard and pepper. Add enough of the flour to make a stiff mixture. Chill.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in cornflakes. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 103 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 18, 2017
I made these last year for Christmas and they were a big hit.Easy and delicious.They have been added to the family menu.
Dec 27, 2014
These did not turn out for me...they were flat and soggy. Not sure what I could have done to improve them.
Mar 7, 2012
While the ingredients were simple, it took me forever to make all the balls & it really did make exactly what it said. I also used a small cookie scoop. It was great. Next time I am going to add a little chopped onion too.
Oct 21, 2011
Why would you rate a recipe before trying it? So silly. Anyway, this recipe is actually VERY good and only uses a third of a cup of mayo. You can't even taste it. Delicious! Thank you!
Sep 30, 2011
No comment left
Dec 10, 2007
Sounds good, but you lost me at mayonnaise. UGH! I wonder if I can substitute sour cream for the mayo...