Crunchy Orange Chicken Strips
Take a first piece for the crunch. Take a second for the sweetly spicy orange flavor. Or try substituting apricot nectar for the orange juice and apricot jam for the marmalade. —Nicole Filizetti, Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Cook: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch-thick strips
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon orange juice, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups Rice Krispies, slightly crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Toss chicken with 2/3 cup orange juice; refrigerate, covered, 1-4 hours.
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour and seasonings. Place eggs and Rice Krispies in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in eggs, then cereal, patting to help coating adhere.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken in batches; cook until golden brown and chicken is no longer pink, 5-6 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Wipe skillet clean if necessary. In same pan, mix marmalade, honey and remaining orange juice; cook and stir over low heat until slightly thickened. Add chicken; heat through, turning to coat. Serve immediately.