Crunchy Asian Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 frozen breaded chicken tenders (about 8 ounces)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup crispy chow mein noodles
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cook chicken tenders according to package directions. Meanwhile, whisk together mayonnaise, honey, vinegar, mustard and sesame oil.
- To serve, place romaine and coleslaw mixes in a large bowl; toss with dressing. Divide among four plates. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces; place over salads. Sprinkle with noodles and almonds.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 419 calories, 25g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 602mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 7g fiber), 12g protein.
Jul 13, 2020
I swear the Applebee's Dallas had Mandarin oranges in it, so I added those, and since water chestnuts because I love them. This is one of my very favorite salads, the whole family loves it. Not to mention, you can't get any easier on a weeknight. Winner all around.
Jun 27, 2020
This salad is fabulous. I doubled the dressing and added chopped green onion to the salad. Also, I didn’t have rice vinegar but the cider vinegar I used worked well. It did taste just like the Applebee’s salad which is the only entree I order when I go to Applebee’s. Thanks for sharing!
Oct 25, 2019
Was anxious to try this because this salad is one of my faves at Applebees. I picked up chicken strips already cooked from a local fast food place. I only made two salads and could have used a bit more dressing. This was really good and tasted just like the Applebees salad. Will be making this often.
Sep 29, 2018
Both husband and daughter loved this. I did add some chopped onion for taste. Will definitely be making this again and again.
Jul 27, 2017
This salad was absolutely delicious. I am a big fan of the one at Applebee's so I decided to make this one and it is just like the one at Applebee's. I served it to my husband who is not the biggest fan of salads and he loved it and said I should serve it to company. Now that's a testimony!