Crumb-Coated Potato Halves
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, paprika, salt and pepper. Brush potatoes with butter; roll in crumb mixture until coated.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until tender.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 each: 154 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 578mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 19, 2018
I stumbled across this family-favorite recipe while browsing through some TOH issues, looking for meal ideas. This dish was very popular when our six children were home. I added 1 tsp. of garlic powder to the crumb mixture, & some of our kids would dip the potatoes in spaghetti sauce! A very versatile recipe to suit to your family's tastes!
Jul 26, 2013
If you're in a hurry or worried about time, partially cook your potato halves in the microwave. That will give you a head start.
Jul 25, 2013
we love potatoes at my home and this one is a keeper. it is easy to make and can be popped in the oven while dinner is being finished.i like that fact that it is an easy quick and yummy side side to any meal.
Nov 5, 2012
My large potatoes must have been too large, because they took almost 2 hours to bake. Next time I will raise oven temp to 375 or 400. I might also skip the Italian seasoning and use some Parmesan instead. Not a bad recipe, but needs some adjusting. Very easy!
Apr 22, 2010
No comment left