Crouton Tomato Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 8 medium tomatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 8 slices bread, crusts removed, cubed
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Arrange tomatoes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with bread cubes. Combine the butter, salt, basil and thyme; drizzle over bread and tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until tomatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 197 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 545mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 13, 2020
I made this for side dish. It was tasty and a different way for me to have tomatoes. I will certainly make this again. I did not change a thing.
Jan 28, 2020
Perfectly practical way to use up the extra Romas I had on hand. Next time, I'll sprinkle the basil and thyme directly on the food, then drizzle the salted-butter over that, to lessen herb clumping. The Parmesan cheese topping made my whole house smell great!
Jul 31, 2017
Use herbed stuffing mix
Mar 27, 2013
No comment left
Aug 1, 2010
Everytime I have extra tomatoes I make this. It is so easy and flavorful.