Crispy Sage Chicken Tenders
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh minced sage
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Ranch salad dressing, optional
- In a bowl, whisk buttermilk, salt, pepper sauce and pepper until blended. Add chicken, turning to coat; let stand 15 minutes. In a shallow bowl, toss bread crumbs with sage.
- In a deep skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 365°. Dip tenderloins in crumb mixture to coat both sides, patting to help coating adhere. Fry chicken 2-3 minutes on each side or until deep golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with additional salt to taste. If desired, serve with ranch dressing.
Jun 14, 2020
No comment left
Jul 11, 2018
Loved the sage in this! It took these delicious strips to another level! I also made half of the strips in the air-fryer with great results!
Dec 2, 2015
I've never had much luck with fried chicken, so I was relieved to finally find an easy recipe that tasted fabulous. I used Italian seasoned panko crumbs for some added spice. I followed the rest of the recipe to a T, and they cooked perfectly! I will definitely make these again soon